The Basic Budgeting Course
Cornerstone Money Advice run a Basic Budgeting Course at Cornerstone Church.
It is designed for groups of up to 8 participants.
The Basic Budgeting course comprises two sessions lasting approximately two hours each. The course usually runs over two consecutive weeks. If required, the course can be run as a longer single session. However, we don't usually recommend this as it means that attendees have a lot of information to digest in a short space of time.
The Basic Budgeting Course is free and open to anyone.
It was originally developed by staff and volunteers from Trent Debt Advice centre which is run by Trent Vineyard Church, Nottingham – www.trentdebtadvice.org. The course has been further developed with the help of Transforming Notts Together - www.transformingnottstogether.org.uk.
The purpose of the Basic Budgeting Course is to:
- Give you a good understanding of the building blocks needed to set up a budget. The budget needs to be a realistic and accurate budget that can be changed and adapted as your circumstances change for the better or worse. This is especially important with all the economic and welfare changes.
- Share some top tips about how to manage your money more effectively. Managing your money can be confusing, but knowledge is power!
- Help you to understand financial jargon
- Give you tips on saving money when you shop online or on the high street.
- Share ways in which you can minimise your expenditure and maximise your income.
- Empower you to take control of your finances so that you feel more confident and can make more informed choices about how you use your money.
- Give you the tools you need to make your own decisions about saving, spending and managing your budget.
The course is designed to be friendly and informal. We want it to be fun so there's tea and biscuits, video clips, quizzes and perhaps the most popular aspect of the course among our attendees is the taste-testing of products!
There are plenty of opportunities to ask lots of questions as you go along or you can speak to one of the course leaders at the end.
If you are interested in attending our Free Basic Budgeting Course, call (0115) 9588712 to find out more or keep an eye on this website for future course dates.